South Coast Location, only 1 hr commute from Sydney
What we do and who you are
Waples is a well-established, independent full service boutique agency located in Wollongong NSW with a diverse client base of national, state and Illawarra clients built over the last 15 years. We have had substantial success in recent years and now require an experienced media professional to join our team as a Media Buyer/Planner.
You will be a diligent person that is as comfortable making a media booking across online and offline platforms as you are presenting a cross-channel media strategy. You understand the importance of research tools, know how to use them and can develop integrated media plans.
You will quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of our client’s business and demonstrate how media can deliver their objectives. You will be a strong thinker with a broad understanding of all available message distribution opportunities including Television, Print, Radio, Outdoor, SEM, Video and Social.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join an established agency in a fast-paced environment looking to demonstrate their abilities and grow their career.
Applications close on January 5, 2018
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Director – Media Advertising, you will be responsible for:
- Campaign Planning and Media Buying across TV, print, radio, outdoor, digital and social based on a brief and research including executing all media booking administration, reporting, post analysis and negotiations
- Managing the project timeline, budget and workload for each media campaign ensuring only the best outcome for the client is achieved quickly and efficiently
- Managing and applying material instructions
- Client servicing – regularly liaising with clients to present media recommendations, proactively assessing marketing and media strategy
- Keeping up to date with best practice in media and formulating optimal channel strategies and plans for clients
- Leading all campaign media negotiations with stakeholders
- Taking ownership of the delivery of campaigns through management, tracking and optimisation
- Directly responsible for the profitability of client campaigns
What you’ll need
- Previous expereince (3+ years) in media buying and planning across both online and offline media channels with evidence of key achievements
- Extensive knowledge of industry planning and audience research tools
- Strong client and campaign management experience from taking briefs to managing expectations
- A good understanding of the media landscape in Australia
- Experience liaising with media and negotiating the best value for your clients campaigns
- Strong Microsoft Suite experience especially presentation preparation and excel (Workflowmax and Spectra MD an advantage)
- Impeccable organizational skills, comfortable both taking direction and leading projects
- Exceptional attention to detail, written & verbal communication skills, confident speaker & presenter